Warranty Terms & Conditions General Warranty Terms
ATEAM Electronics offers a limited warranty to all of ATEAM brand name products. Any product first sold to end user is guaranteed to be free from defects in both components and workmanship under regular uses defined in user manuals during the warranty period. The warranty period commences on the date of purchase.
Attention: Your original Purchase invoice (sales receipt) and warranty card showing the date of purchase, model number and serial number of the product is your proof of the date of purchase.
This International Limited Warranty is applicable and shall be honored in every country where ATEAM Electronics or its Authorized Service Providers offer warranty service subject to the terms and conditions provided in this International Limited Warranty Statement.
Type of warranty
Carry-in*: Customer brings the unit to an ATEAM Electronics Authorized Service Provider. After the repair is complete, customer picks the unit up. Please see the Limited Product warranty in the ATEAM Electronics Customer Services and Warranty Guide for details regarding warranty coverage.
For technical support, please call the corresponding phone number in your Country.
ATEAM Electronics Products Warranty period
During the warranty period, the defective hardware parts of claimed ATEAM Electronics products will be either repaired or replaced at the discretion of ATEAM Electronics except in the cases listed in the Limitation of Liability Clause of this document.
This International Limited Warranty covers the costs of service parts and labor required to restore your product to fully functional condition. ATEAM Electronics will, at its discretion, repair or replace any defective products or parts thereof covered by this International Limited warranty with new or refurbished parts of the product that are equivalent to new products in both functionality and performance. A product or part that is repaired or replaced under this International Limited warranty shall be covered for the remainder of the original warranty period applying to the product or part, or for six months, whichever expires last. All exchanged parts and products under this International Limited Warranty will become the property of ATEAM Electronics.
Software Limited Warranty
ATEAM Electronics offers no warranty, either explicitly expressed or implicitly implied, for any pre-installed software, its quality, performance, functionality, or compatibility for a particular purpose. Nor does ATEAM Electronics warrant that the functions contained in the software will meet specific requirements or that the operation of the software will be uninterrupted or error-free. Thus, the software is sold ‘as is” unless otherwise explicitly stated in writing.
Obtaining the Warranty Service
Warranty service is performed by ATEAM Electronics authorized service centers on carry-in basis for products purchased and located within a country where ATEAM Electronics or its authorized Service Providers offer the warranty service subject to the terms and conditions provided in this International Limited Warranty.
Warranty service or Returned Merchandise Authorization under this International Limited Warranty will be honored only if claims are made within the warranty period. Contact details of the nearest service center may be obtained on ATEAM Electronics website www.ateamelectronics.com/service.
The clients are requested to perform the following actions before claiming ATEAM Electronics product as defective.
D1. Make sure to back up any important data and remove all confidential, proprietary or personal information from HDD, optical, of flash memory storage if necessary. Neither ATEAM Electronics nor its authorized service centers are responsible for damages to or loss of any programs, data, or other software and files in the storage.
D2. Write down model name, serial number, and problem description.
D3. Refer to user manual enclosed within the product package and/or information on www.ateamelectronics.com for important tips on how to operate and troubleshoot the product
D4. Before returning the product for servicing, please reset the system to its default configuration by removing options and external connections, and remove the recently installed software if any.
Warranty may be valid when ATEAM brand name product is purchased in one country and transferred to another country, where an authorized ATEAM Electronics service center is located, without voiding the warranty. Please be advised that service availability and response time may vary from country to country.
Warranty repair service involving language based aspects of your product (e.g. keyboards, software) may not be capable of being performed in another language other than the primary language used in the country where the service request is made.
ATEAM Electronics is not responsible for any export and import control issues, handling fees, tariffs, import duties, and all other related fees that may be incurred during transferring.
Limitation of Liability
ATEAM Electronics reserves the rights to refuse warranty service of products under disputable conditions. ATEAM Electronics also holds the rights to declare final decision whether products are within warranty conditions. The following actions and damages will result in voiding the limited warranty
- Damage caused by act of nature, such as fire, flood, wind, earthquake, lightning, etc.
- Damage or incompatibility caused by failure to perform a proper installation or to provide an appropriate operational environment for the product, including but not limited to unstable wired/ wireless network connection and phone lines, bad grounding, external electro-magnetic fields, direct sunlight, high humidity and vibration.
- Damage caused by impact with other objects, dropping, falls, spilled liquids, or submersion in liquids.
- Damage caused by unauthorized repair or disassembling of the product.
- Damage caused by any other abuse, misuse, mishandling, or misapplication.
- Damage caused by third party peripherals (including but not limited to visible damages on motherboard or other electronic parts of the product such as burn spots after electric discharge, melting, fusing, splitting, etc.)
- Any errors caused by software incompatibilities and viruses as well as unauthorized modification of built-in software (including BIOS).
- Deterioration due to normal circumstances including the enclosures, diskette, manuals, and battery packs.
- The serial number of the product (or serial number stickers of its parts) has been modified, removed, blurred or damaged.
- Cracks and scratches on LCD and plastic material as well as other defects caused by transportation, handling or customer abuse.
- The availability of two (2) and less pixel defects on the display of the device, which is not considered to be a warranty failure according to the manufacturer’s policy.
- The effects of so-called “image sticking” and faults in brightness on LCD panels caused by fixed pattern pictures displayed for a long period of time (longer then one day).
Disclaimer of Warranty
THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND OF ALL OTHER OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES ON ATEAM Electronics PART, AND IT NEITHER ASSUMES NOR AUTHORIZES ANY OTHER PARTY TO ASSUME FOR ATEAM Electronics ANY OTHER LIABILITIES. THE FOREGOING CONSTITUTES THE BUYER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR THE FURNISHING OF DEFECTIVE OR NONCONFORMING PRODUCTS AND ATEAM Electronics WILL NOT IN ANY EVENT BE LIABLE FOR COST OF SUBSTITUTE OR REPLACEMENT, COST OF FACILITIES OR SERVICE, DOWNTIME COSTS, LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUES OR GOODWILL, RELIANCE DAMAGES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE IF OR DAMAGE TO ANY ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, OR ANY OTHER INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES BY REASON OF THE FACT THAT SUCH PRODUCTS WILL HAVE BEEN DETERMINED TO BE DEFECTIVE OR NONCONFORMING.
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that may vary from state to state or from country to country. You are advised to consult applicable state or country laws for full determination of your rights.
ATEAM Electronics products are not designed for any “critical applications”. “Critical applications” shall mean life support systems, medical applications, connections to implanted medical devices, commercial transportation or any other applications where product failure could lead to injury to persons or loss of life or property damage.
What is the ATEAM Electronics policy on defective or stuck pixel on my LCD display? LCD Display Pixel Introduction
LCD displays are made up of a set number of pixels and each pixel is made from 3 sub-pixels – one Red, one Blue and one Green. Each sub-pixel has its own transistor, which makes manufacturing the glass substrate very complex.
Due to the nature of the manufacturing process, occasional defects can occur. Pixel defects or failures cannot be fixed or repaired and can happen at any stage in the LCD panel ATEAM Electronics. To regulate the acceptability of defects and to protect the end user, ISO have created a standard for manufacturers to follow. ISO 13406-2 recommends how many defaults are acceptable in a display before it should be replaced, within the terms & conditions of warranty. All reputable manufacturers conform to and support the ISO 13406-2 standard.
There are two types of pixel defects covered under ISO 13406-2:
- Bright Sub-Pixel: A sub-pixel is displayed as a small white dot on a black pattern.
- Dark Sub-Pixel: A sub-pixel is displayed as a small black dot on a white pattern.
Dead Pixel Warranty Policy
- A sub-pixel, less than or equal to 0.5 of a sub-pixel, is excluded from the warranty.
- Warranty duration and product specification may vary from different regions. Please contact local distributors/dealers for further information.